Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Roller Coaster of Online Dating Stupidity

Do you want to know what is weird about online dating?  It really comes in spurts.  For weeks, no one approaches you or just super creepy guys that only post "hey" and nothing more try to talk to you.  Forget about those guys!  It doesn't matter if you keep logging in and keep active on the site, there are no fish biting (that is a Plenty of Fish joke... never mind).  But one day, all of that changes.

One day, you login and 3 guys with potential want to talk to you.  While talking to them, even more guys approach you.  I recently had a week with about 8 - 10 decent guys with great potential asking me out.  Who has that kind of free time?  It was crazy!  I had to pick and choose the best from a great selection. 

Of course, one guy never showed up.  A couple of guys backed out.  One guy just wasn't for me.  Two guys turned out to be OK.  I ended up not being able to keep up with the rest of the guys, so they stopped talking to me.  So now, here I sit, with no new prospects.  No one is new and exciting.  It is just back to creepy guys again.  I am just left with the hope that the two OK guys will decide to go out with me again.

Sigh.  Online dating is not for the faint of heart.  You absolutely can't take it seriously.  If I thought too much about all this stuff, I might go insane.  Well, more insane than I am already, if that is possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment