Sunday, July 15, 2012

Funniest Autocorrect Typo Ever

When writing to a new potential date, autocorrect can be your worst enemy.  Instead of letting you know you've made a mistake, it will "fix" it for you. This makes for some really awkward conversations.

For instance, I just "met" a new guy named George online recently.  However, I did not think his name was George.  I thought it was Vladimir.  How did this little mistake occur?  He sent me a message saying "I'm vladimir."  Imagine my confusion when he later said his name was George.  I asked him, "Are you Vladimir or George?"  He was then confused.

Now, I am not too judgmental.  I think Vladimir is an unusual name in today's day and age, but I was willing to accept this.  I mean, it was pretty original and certainly interesting.  As it turns out, it was not to be.  I still have not dated or ever known a Vladimir.

It turns out, George was trying to type: "I'm glad."  Instead, he hit a "v" instead of a "g."  Instead of the autocorrect feature thinking "vlad" was "glad," which would be normal, it decided he was Vladimir.  Sigh.  Thank goodness we worked that out.  I am honestly not sure I was ready to date a Vladimir anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment