Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Being Spontaneous Is Not For Me

I keep hearing the word "spontaneous" thrown around a lot on dating sites.  I've tried desperately to become more spontaneous since so many guys seem to want that.  However, I've discovered something important about me - I AM NOT SPONTANEOUS!

I am really tired of guys crawling out of the woodwork and asking me to go on dates at the last minute.  First of all, that is an insult to me.  I have other plans many nights.  I am sick of guys being offended when I say no simply because I have other plans.  Am I not worth asking out at least a day ahead of time?  Obviously some other guys think I am worth it, because 9 times out of 10, I am going out with a guy who has the common courtesy to ask me out at least one day in advance.

Most of all, guys must not understand that women can't just throw on the first t-shirt they find in the closet.  It takes a while to get ready for a date.  I need to shower, fix my hair, apply makeup, put on jewelry, get dressed, do my nails, etc.  If a man wants to date a woman that looks halfway decent, he can't just ask, "Hey, want to meet up in an hour?"  NOOOO!!!!  

Guys, you can't have spontaneous and have a woman that looks attractive all at the same time.  Every now and then, I am already fixed up and ready to go because some other jerk asked me out and stood me up.  In this case, I might be able to meet you last minute.  You can ask just to see if that has happened, but it is not something that happens often.  So basically, in most cases, do you want us to look nice or do you just want some chick that shows up at the bar?  Just let us know.  I can easily meet up with you in my pajamas with no makeup on if you are not picky.  Something tells me you'd be pissed off though.

Don't get me wrong, I am OK with being spontaneous once the date begins.  OK, so we meet up for coffee, but then the guy decides let's go have some ice cream, too.  Sure, that is fine.  But last minute guys, it is an insult to women to think we are just sitting by the computer waiting for your invite.  It never hurts to ask, but don't be pissy when we already have plans.  You see, I have this thing called work and these people in my life called friends and family members.  I do that type of thing, too.  So calm down!  If you wait the last minute and I don't have time, that is on you, not me.  Deal with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment